Welcome to Wonderful Wellswood
Wellswood derives its name from the Wells family who originally purchased the 640 acres on which the community sits. Founded as the first suburb of the City of Tampa after the World War II, Wellswood remains a middle-class neighborhood that strives to provide a family friendly atmosphere.
The Wellswood community center was deeded by James F. and Edna Wells-Wishart in 1949 and the first house was built in 1950. Wellswood was originally known as Wells Park but was renamed due to the abundance of pine and oak trees in the area.
The Wellswood Civic Center, as it is known today, is the heart of neighborhood activities and kept for posterity by the Wellswood Civic Association. The members of the Wellswood Civic Association continue to ensure our lovely home has a voice in the issues that affect us all.
The Wellswood Civic Center is available for private rentals. Please see the Rent the Civic Center page to learn more.
EATS ordering is now closed!
thank you for those that placed your orders. We will see you Thursday between 5-7 pm
Hillsborough County Board of County Commissioners & The Childrens Board of Hillsborough County THANK YOU for a monetary GRANT!
Here is what we accomplished this year with the grant money:
- Community herb garden on the Western side of the civic center
- Butterfly garden on the right front side of the civic center near the flag pole. **we are still waiting on our passionvine so we can plant that on a donated trellis that we will install once it arrives.
- Brand new irrigation system to help keep the herbs and flowering plants happy
- Tool shed, new grill,cooler, wheelbarrow, tools
- Outdoor games: we had the Girl Scout troop #2515 make and paint a custom corn hole set for us. We also had a bocce ball game and croquet game donated to us as well from 2 garden committee members.
- Brand new marquee sign to promote our events for the community
The official Newsletter of the Wellswood Civic Association is BACK! If you have not received a copy of the latest edition, please read below.
Past Editions of the Wellswood Nugget
Missed a previous publication of the Wellswood Nugget? Download a copy from our archive below.